Monday, February 1, 2010

The Wilding: A Fiction Reading


I chose to attend The Wilding: A Fiction Reading by Benjamin Percy. Jimmy an ISU graduate student did the introduction before the author began his reading. The three main characters in the book are Brian a war vet, Justin a teacher, and Karin Justin's wife. I found this novel very different from what we have been reading for class. Throughout the whole reading you could feel all the feelings that the characters were going through. Also, you could feel their pain. Durning the whole reading I felt I was right there in the same surrounding as characters.
This type of novel is not what I would normally read for fun. I normally read western romance novels in my free time, but after listening to the reading I have decided to spice things up next September and buy the book and read it with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment